Sunday, September 15, 2013

#1 Film Criteria

1) In my opinion a movie there is alot that makes a movie an award winning movie. Its not just the story line or how well the story is put together. I look at how the story flows and as the time plays on different things catch my example. One big thing for me is background. I like when the background of a movie also grabs my attention. It makes me feel like im actually in the room witnessing the movie happening right before my eyes. Lighting also plays a big part because it puts a big empasize on the mood and in its own way can make all the difference in a film. Emotions are tough for me to show so I enjoy watching movies that can bring them out. Music also helps put emphasis on what is going on and initally when intense music plays and all of a sudden stops I can feel my brain trying to figure out what happens next. When it surprises me thats what really makes me like a film. Im the biggest observer so movies that dont flow or make sense to me I just stop watching.

2) In all honesty the films were very boring but very different from the films we get to see now a days. The background in both films really caught my attention. Props and making it come to life really seemed to play a big part in helping carry out the plot of the films. The narrator was pretty boring but I could tell the different emotions by the way the characters were acting.

3) one of my favorite movies that I really enjoyed had to be "Grand Torino" with clint eastwood. I really enjoyed this movie due to the storyline it carried out through the whole movie. It really left me on my toes and had different types of emotions running through me. I cried when I watched this movie. Another movie that had we crying and I consider a great movie was " The End Of Watch." The horrific yet truthful events that took place left me speechless. This movie was great and I truely recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment